Here's Blogger Who Writes on Black Women & Media

Home Forums General Entertainment News Here's Blogger Who Writes on Black Women & Media

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by treehouse31 treehouse31 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author
    treehouse31
    treehouse31
    Participant

This is a repost of something I posted in a Facebook group:

Here is the first of two bloggers who uses her platform to discuss a host of issues that affect black women – black women in media being one of those topics:

http://muslimbushido.blogspot.com/

Although this woman has been blogging since 2008, I stumbled onto her site in 2010. In Muslim Bushido and her sister blog, The Sojourner’s Passport (link on the first site), Khadija Nassif – blog mother and practicing lawyer – focuses on life optimization choices for black American women. Although I recommend that you read both sites in full, start with the list below and then decide for yourself if you would like to read the rest. In addition to the posts themselves, I encourage you to read the comments that follow, as some of her best insights come in conversation with other intelligent commenters.

Khadija is very clear that she targets black American women as her primary audience, so some of her posts might be difficult reading if you do not fall in this group. Of course, you do not have to agree with anything this woman writes. I do not follow her blogs like the Bible, but she offers many ideas to start a conversation.

As in all things, take what you can use and toss the rest.

Each of the posts below in some way discuss the variety of ways black women interact with the media, both as consumers and as participants. I have posted the link to her main page. Go to the sidebar, find the year and month. I have given the first few words of the titles so you will not need to hunt around.

Friday, March 23, 2012 – An Education is a Terrible Thing to Waste

Tues, Dec 25, 2012 – Stop Getting It Twisted…Follow the Money and Resource Trail, Part 1

Thursday, May 9, 2013 – Follow the Money and Resources Trail…Part 2

Friday, Sept. 6, 2013 – Next Steps Along the Sojourner’s Path…Part 2

Sat, October 12, 2013 – African American Slave Consumers’ Addiction…

Saturday, October 20, 2013 – Follow the Money Resources Trail…Part 3

Saturday, June 21, 2014 – If Angela Bassett, Diahann Carroll…

Saturday, January 2015 – African American Women, This is the Fruit…Part 6 (post includes links for the previous five posts to this series)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by treehouse31 treehouse31.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.