Emmys: Who do you want to win?

Home Forums Award Shows Emmys: Who do you want to win?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by swwoman swwoman 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    swwoman
    swwoman
    Keymaster

Who do you think is going to think this year at the Emmys?

I’m hoping for Taraji to win, especially after the lousy way she was treated on Person of Interest, but I would be OK with Viola as well.

treehouse31
    treehouse31
    Participant

I’m rooting for Taraji all the way, but I would not be surprised (or disappointed) if Viola won.  The “wig” scene may have sealed the win for Viola.

I know a lot of people hope that Taraji and Viola split the “black vote” and the win goes to Tatiana or one of the other nominees. I’ve been buzzing around online and many folks think that a Taraji or Viola win can only be about politics and not about the fact that they were just better.  And get this, they can ‘accept’ a Viola win (how generous), but Taraji taking the prize is unthinkable.

I think some of these women are pissed about Taraji ascending professionally after the POI disaster, and the fact that Jim Caviezel has been very vocal about how much he misses her still. In their minds, these are two things that should not have happened at all.  So in these haters minds, Taraji has already ‘won’ things she should not have.  She doesn’t need the Emmy too.

SMDH

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by treehouse31 treehouse31.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by treehouse31 treehouse31.
      treehouse31
      treehouse31
      Participant

This article gives the award to Elizabeth Moss from Mad Men – with a basic nod of understanding that TPH could run off with the win.

I watched Mad Men, and I agree with the writer.  Moss should have won by now.  So I could see this win happening.

Still rooting for Taraji though…

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/emmy-awards-2015-who-should-win-who-will-win-20150915

swwoman
        swwoman
        Keymaster

I’m going to hurl if Moss gets it. I honestly don’t think she comes close to Taraji, or Viola or Tatiana. Those 3 ARE their shows, on Mad Men that’s Jon Hamm not Elizabeth Moss.

I think if she gets it, it will be because her show is over and the voters want to honor her before she rides off into the sunset.

treehouse31
    treehouse31
    Participant

As far as I’m concerned, Tatiana should have been nominated for either Season 1 or 2 – or perhaps both.  So I’m rather annoyed that she gets a nomination during her lackluster Season 3 – the same year that both Taraji and Viola receive some shine after doing stellar work. And another entertainment pundit is giving Tatiana the Emmy win.  I know these early predictions aren’t always correct, but I’m peeved that neither Taraji nor Viola are predicted to land in the victory circle.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/emmys-who-will-win-who-817931

swwoman
    swwoman
    Keymaster

I have seen several sites predict Viola will get it, I’ll have to start posting links when I come across them!

jakela
    jakela
    Participant

Then you see ridiculous statements like this:

“A win for Davis or Henson also might dilute any lingering criticism over the Emmy voters’ failure to nominate “Empire,” the year’s hottest show, as best drama.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/emmy-predictions-racial-barrier-broken-article-1.2363017

swwoman
      swwoman
      Keymaster

*facepalm*

swwoman
    swwoman
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.