Anyone Watching This Show?

Home Forums TV Shows Upcoming Shows Underground Anyone Watching This Show?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by moonfreesun moonfreesun 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
    carolinagirl
    carolinagirl
    Participant

<hr />

I’ve heard nothing but good things about this show, but I haven’t watched it yet. I’m about three episodes behind on my DVR. I don’t know why I’m stalling… Probably because I have to be in a certain mindset to watch movies/tv shows about slavery.

Is it as bad (the imagery) as I think it is? Should I just go ahead and watch it?

Carolina girls are the best in the world.

moonfreesun
    moonfreesun
    Participant

I’ve watched the show, I actually like it. Great cast, quite a few familiar faces. I like the fact that each character is an individual not just a generic idea of a slave. Everyone is reacting or doing what they need to survive the situation. I think the show will only run so long though, because of the subject matter. Unless they do like Sopranos and only air like six or ten episodes per season.  This way they can explore all aspects not just the usual thngs we see.

moonfreesun
    moonfreesun
    Participant

PS. like you I don’t watch these shows either cause I tend to get all fired up and angry.  However, if the writing and the actors are good, I usually end up watching it. While I was apprehensive about Underground at first, I actually am enjoying it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.